Europe Sings - Sing with Us / We are
· the largest choral organisation in Europe
· reaching out to more than 2.5 million singers
of all ages in more than 50 countries
· an open platform for choral and conductors'
associations, choirs, singers, conductors,
composers and managers
Inspiring events – lots of occasions / We offer
· inspiring events – for all tastes
· festivals, singing weeks, competitions, concerts
· every three years the big EUROPA CANTAT festival with up to 4,000 participants
International friends – here’s where you meet them/ We can help with
· many musical connections worldwide
· information and assistance in connection with international exchange
· music as a tool for integration – Hearts-In-Harmony
Young singers can meet at
· World Youth Choir
Research and life-long learning (the complete vocal range) / We organise:
· training and competitions for conductors and composers
· networking with research institutions
· management training
The European Choral Association – Europa Cantat is a network of organisations, choirs and individuals in the choral field in Europe. The General Secretariat offers information and services about the choral world in Europe. Through our membership in the International Federation for Choral Music (IFCM), the International and European Music Council (IMC/EMC), Musica International, the Choral Festival Network and Culture Action Europe we are also connected to the choral world outside Europe and to other music and culture organisations.
The European Choral Association - Europa Cantat is the result of a merger between Europa Cantat - European Federation of Young Choirs (EFYC), founded in 1960/1963 and the Arbeitsgemeinschaft Europäischer Chorverbände (AGEC), founded in 1955. The merger was completed in January 2011.
The European Choral Association - Europa Cantat is a non-profit organisation registered according to German law under the number VR 2791 in the Vereinsregister Bonn. The non-profit status was last confirmed in April 2010 under the fiscal number 205/5762/0967 (gemeinnützig laut Paragraph 10 des EStG).