· The largest choral organisation in Europe
· Reaching out to more than 2.5 million singers of all ages in more than 50 countries
· An open platform for choral and conductors' associations, choirs, singers, conductors, composers and managers
· Inspiring events – for all tastes
· Festivals, singing weeks, competitions, concerts
· Every three years the big EUROPA CANTAT festival with up to 4,000 participants
· Many musical connections worldwide
· Information and assistance in connection with international exchange
· Music as a tool for integration – Hearts-In-Harmony
· Training and competitions for conductors and composers
· Networking with research institutions
· Management training
Strategy for the years 2014 to 2017 and beyond, which was then approved by the General Assembly on November 9th 2013. This strategy under the title “Benefit from the singing community!” has 5 main strategic objectives:
1. Strengthen the Network
2. Facilitate Peer-to-Peer Approach
3. Invest in Capacity-Building and Training
4. Reach Out
5. Raise Awareness
These objectives, which are described in more details in our strategy and action plan which you can download >> here, shall be reached through different concrete actions throughout the coming years, with different priorities in each year.
The European Choral Association – Europa Cantat is ...
...a network of organisations, choirs and individuals in the choral field in Europe. The General Secretariat offers information and services about the choral world in Europe. Through our membership in the International Federation for Choral Music (IFCM), the International and European Music Council (IMC/EMC), Musica International, the Choral Festival Network and Culture Action Europe we are also connected to the choral world outside Europe and to other music and culture organisations.
...the result of a merger between Europa Cantat - European Federation of Young Choirs (EFYC), founded in 1960/1963 and the Arbeitsgemeinschaft Europäischer Chorverbände (AGEC), founded in 1955. In 2014, following an intensive cooperation process, ECA-EC incorporated the archives and history of IDOCO (Internationale des Organisations Culturelles Ouvrières) which was dissolved at the end of 2013. By signing an agreement on this incorporation, the European Choral Association - Europa Cantat engaged itself on preserving the history and memory of the international movement of workers' choirs.
...a non-profit organisation registered according to German law under the number VR 2791 in the Vereinsregister Bonn. The non-profit status was last confirmed in April 2010 under the fiscal number 205/5762/0967 (gemeinnützig laut Paragraph 10 des EStG).